So says a new report from E-Consultancy, which reveals the eight biggest sectors for affiliates, topped by the travel and flights sector.
- Travel/flights (30%)
- Entertainment/music (27%)
- Electrical goods (24%), computer/laptops etc (24%)
- Gifts/gadgets (22%), books (22%)
- Fashion/clothes (21%)
- Financial services (19%) and mobile phones (19%)
- Only 15% of affiliates are signed up with just one network...
- ...but two-thirds are signed up with three networks or more
- Half of all affiliates promote to ten advertisers or less
- "Google is damaging the affiliate marketing industry", 34% agree, 26% disagree
- Over half say "spyware is a major problem", with only 13% disagreeing
Kevin May, editor, Travolution